Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finally Back! And Joe Gilland Workshop

Hey all (or at least anybody reading this :) )

Sorry for the delay! After my last final in mid-December, I rushed home for an early flight to India. I had an amazing Holiday break with my grandparents and my aunt (pictures to come shortly), and got back in early January with a few days to spare. After getting over jet lag and the time difference, I quickly packed up and moved back to Philly where I have now begun the second semester of my senior year at UPenn.

I have a lot to show here (and am again, sorry for the delay due to the adjustment period). I have some fun things from the end of last semester, some things from over break, and already a lot of work from this semester!

So the hiatus is over! I'm starting off with an amazing link to an awn.com article by Joseph Gilland. We were amazingly lucky enough that Erinn procured some funding and made it all happen... and got Joe to come to Penn! I attended a 3-workshop in January where he taught all about VFX animation and the importance of forces and feeling over digitization and automation. Here is a link where he talks about his experience: http://www.awn.com/blogs/elemental-alchemy/elemental-magic-organic-approach-visual-effects-animation-goes-university-pe

(That's me at the end, presenting the boards for my final effect, and me in the middle of the group shot, giving bunny ears to another student.) I learned a ton from the workshop, and am still so excited that Erinn and Julie managed to make this happen after we attended the preview in Ottawa.

I'm currently working on animating the effect I chose for the final, as a part of a piece for thesis. I promise to show you more when I can.

Expect a LOT more in the next few weeks. I have tons of work and pictures from all across India to share! And of course my usual postings as the semester commences...

Wish me luck in my quest for a summer internship... Finishing up my applications in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment