Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Little Bit More of India

So I apologize because Blogger uploads these in backwards order... but imagine that I traveled these from the bottom to the top (because that's what actually happened :-P). The comments might make more sense that way too...

Inside one of the many temples.




A home by one of the landmarks we visited...



Yes - snake charmers! Sanjeev tried to get me to get closer, but I wouldn't have any of it!




Grandpa looking out of one of the many intricately carved screen windows.






Restoration work in Jaipur.


Jaipur - "the pink city"


Monkeys!



The view of the Taj from another landmark. Note the insane traffic... oddly this was in only one direction (coming from New Delhi), but the traffic in India is both insane and an art form of its own. If you think driving in Manhattan is bad...



The view of the Taj Mahal from our hotel.


Some really cute kids who thought I was cool because I was American. That doesn't happen very often... except for in India! (The me being mistaken as cool, and the fact that being American was cool!)

The Taj Mahal!

The Taj Mahal!

Told you I loved the trees...


The Taj Mahal!

Main Gate leading into the Taj Mahal.



My grandpa. :) He's the one who made this whole trip possible.



These screens are amazing. They were carved for the women to be able to look out, but for no one to be able to look in and see them!



This is a terrible photograph, but I wanted to try and catch some of the amazing colors!! We were in the car... so I should get some credit for that! The yellow plants are mustard, apparently...

No comments:

Post a Comment